Main Menu

440 Cam Install and Timing

Started by rebelyell, October 05, 2018, 08:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Not A fan of the Performer intake , the stock intake makes more power .

You may want to consider Hydroboost if you have power steering , it is a far better system over vacuum boosters

shawge

:alan2cents: After I swapped my 383 Performer RPM to a 383 Victor when converting to EFI, I also had a high idle @ 1000+ RPM. Turned out to be the bolts for the manifold came loose after a few heat cycles.. After fixing that it now idles around 800.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

rebelyell

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 16, 2018, 10:12:03 AM
Not A fan of the Performer intake , the stock intake makes more power .

You may want to consider Hydroboost if you have power steering , it is a far better system over vacuum boosters

I did not know this. Is it better than the Performer RPM? I hope not because the RPM is what I have.

Now that you mention it, I had meant to do this. Don't Astro vans have a usable Hydroboost?

I don't have power steering, but I want to add it. I think that train stopped because I couldn't find a PS steering column.

Quote from: shawge on October 16, 2018, 10:32:51 AM
:alan2cents: After I swapped my 383 Performer RPM to a 383 Victor when converting to EFI, I also had a high idle @ 1000+ RPM. Turned out to be the bolts for the manifold came loose after a few heat cycles.. After fixing that it now idles around 800.

That's on my list to do also. I used the ARP assembly lube on those bolts too, but it's easy enough to check and verify torque. My issue was that the higher intake stretched my throttle cable and pulled the carb linkage off the idle screw. Ended up working for the better on the cam break in, but I had to rig something up so I could drive it.

Chryco Psycho

The Performer intake is terrible , the Performer RPM is one of the best intakes ,
Some Astro Vans & Many 3/4 ton trucks use Hydroboost

rebelyell

Hydroboost is the plan when I get around to adding power steering. I just want to get it on the road right now. Wanted to add a booster, but for simplicity of not running new brake lines, I'm going to get this kit and be done. http://www.doctordiff.com/aluminum-master-cylinder-kit.html