Main Menu

440 source stealth head dual valve springs

Started by Sleepychallenger, September 19, 2017, 02:22:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Sleepychallenger

Does anyone know what dual valve springs and spring locator to use with 440 source stealth heads? Just looking to see if I can find a less expensive vendor and save a couple bucks.

Cuda Cody

HP_Cuda

Might look into beehive springs, but as I remember there was some work to make the relief area a bit bigger for them.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

dodj

I used Lunati 73100K2 spring, locks and retainer kit on my stealth heads. Dual springs. Depends what spring rate your cam needs though? And probably not a savings over 440 source stuff
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Sleepychallenger

Quote from: dodj on September 19, 2017, 06:21:26 PM
I used Lunati 73100K2 spring, locks and retainer kit on my stealth heads. Dual springs. Depends what spring rate your cam needs though? And probably not a savings over 440 source stuff
thanks. 440 source has comp springs but doesn't list a part number. When I went back through their site and looked at the parts that normally come on the head it looks like they are only supposed to use 450 lift and I was at 494 so that could have been part of my failure. Now I think I'm going to go with the lunati 704 (513/533) with the new build.

dodj

Quote from: Sleepychallenger on September 19, 2017, 09:21:01 PM
Now I think I'm going to go with the lunati 704 (513/533) with the new build.
Ask Lunati what springs to use IMO
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Lunati will have the best match for their own cams but it may well be worth looking into Beehive springs too 

Brads70

I also have a Lunati cam lifters , retainers , locks and Beehive springs in my engine. So far 5 years now.... I'm happy with them :alan2cents: