Main Menu

68 b body 26” rad into a 70 ebody. Same same?

Started by northerncuda2021, January 27, 2023, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

northerncuda2021

I have a chance to purchase a nice Us used radiator 26" for a fair price but it's from a 68 charger.  Will it look ok and fit ok in a 70 challenger.  If it's a matter of drilling a hole or 2 I'm fine with that. Thank u

anlauto

Just make sure the inlet and outlet work for your engine....you will likely have to drill a hole or two....do you have a 26" rad opening in your car ?

Is it a "round top" in 1968 ? They look a lot different then the squared off style in 1970  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

northerncuda2021

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2023, 06:51:35 PM
Just make sure the inlet and outlet work for your engine....you will likely have to drill a hole or two....do you have a 26" rad opening in your car ?

Is it a "round top" in 1968 ? They look a lot different then the squared off style in 1970  :alan2cents:

Yup The inlets are correct.  Yes I have a 26" opening.  And yes it's a square top not rounded.  I think with all the yes answers I answered my own question. For $300 buck for a US radiator I think it will be worth it.

RUNCHARGER

I've used B and C rads in an E-body. Important thing is to measure height to be sure though. I once had a rad shop recore an A-body rad and it was 1/2" too high and the hood wouldn't close so height is pretty critical.
Sheldon