Main Menu

70 Challenger vapor hose guard

Started by Mopar5, August 01, 2020, 12:50:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar5

Hello I'm hoping to find someone who has a photo of how the guard attaches under the right quarter.Thanks in advance

floorit426

I dug around, but this is the best I can do. The narrower piece passes through the rear subframe and is fastened to the larger piece, with a sheetmetal screw. I just did this, on my cuda, and it's pretty straightforward. I'd take a couple of pics, but it really is hard to see, with the muffler in place. I'm sure some members have better pictures.

Mopar5

Thank you very helpful, So the larger part screws into the flange at the bottom of the wheel house?

floorit426

Mopar5

Thanks again ,Very much appreciated.

70vert

hmm, I'm not familiar with this set up. I've got nothing like it on my '70. I know some engines have a fuel-vapor separator with a return line back to the gas tank, and of course there is a metal vapor line from the filler hole that dumps down to the frame rail. But what are these 5 lines?

Claudia

Here are some additional pictures (from a Cuda) if needed.

floorit426

Quote from: 70vert on August 03, 2020, 10:11:44 AM
hmm, I'm not familiar with this set up. I've got nothing like it on my '70. I know some engines have a fuel-vapor separator with a return line back to the gas tank, and of course there is a metal vapor line from the filler hole that dumps down to the frame rail. But what are these 5 lines?

It's called an ECS system, standard on all California-sold cars, in 1970. In '71, it was standard on all cars, I think. I believe the fender tag code, is N95.

Mopar5

Mopar5

floorit426

Mopar5

Thanks one more little part of the puzzle done.