Main Menu

71 Cuda 340 (with A/C) - What Fan? Clutch or No Clutch?

Started by Yellow71Cuda, May 22, 2017, 06:37:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Always a clutch fan , the correct 7 blade may be difficult to find Flex-A-lite as 18 " 6 blades available that work well as an option

ksierens

Thanks, guess I could use the Flex-A-Lite 6718 fan. I had also seen posts about needing to use a low profile clutch. The engine is not in the car yet, do you think I should order the one listed for my car, or get a lower profile one?  Also, they list a standard (Hayden 2706) or heavy duty clutch (Hayden 2747), any opinions? Oh and then there's the thermal vs non-thermal question! ;)
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

Chryco Psycho

I would use a thermal Hd  , I have used the shorter clutch on 60s B bodies that did not use a clutch from the factory but std ones on E bodies , either will work as there is only about 1" difference

dodj

Back in the day Mopar Performance claimed these moved more air than the seven blade. The offset of the blades made for more efficient air movement.
I know when I installed one on my 440 in place of a symetrical fan, I no longer heated up at idle.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ksierens

I did not see them, I ended up ordering a 6 blade flex-a-lite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

Chryco Psycho

MIght be as hard to find a 5 blade now as the original 7 blade , the 6 blade Flex-a-lite is a good fan too  :bigthumb: