Main Menu

71 cuda fuel vent lines and vapor line sheild (behind pass rear tire)

Started by culp71, May 14, 2018, 10:39:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

culp71

looking for pictures for the proper placement and fasteners for the fuel vent/ vapor line shield
that mounts (behind pass rear tire) on a 71 cuda

Cuda Cody

1970 and 1971 are slightly different.  I only have the 1970 so I can't help much.   :sorry:

Claudia

Here are some pictures that I have however . . . after some lengthy discussions (some time ago) I believe that the '71 only uses the large one piece shield?  :dunno: 
I'm sure someone here can chime in with clarification!

floorit426

Great pictures. Does anyone know if anyone reproduces the shield that passes through the frame?

Claudia

I was unable to locate a new reproduction piece that passes through the frame.
I only installed the larger single piece on my car.

anlauto

1971 Does not use the shield that passes through the frame. The above pictures are incorrect for a 1971 Cuda. The shield should also be black. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

Here is the thread where the discussions took place earlier when I was trying to figure out what the shields were called, which ones I needed and where they could be purchased . . . https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-wanted/25/fuel-vent-line-shields/3834/

I have also attached three pictures that I have found which may be helpful . . . or maybe just create more confusion  :looney::

#1 - 1970 Two Piece Shields - Appear to be originals found only on 1970 California emissions cars  :dunno:
#2 - 1970 Single Piece - Appears to be the only re manufactured pieces available for the 1970  :dunno:
#3 - 1971-74 Single Piece - I believe that this is correct for the '71 - '74's (also what I ended up installing on my '71 Cuda)

Rich G.