Main Menu

727 kick down linkage

Started by Rich G., March 17, 2020, 08:24:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

I'm working on a 73 Cuda 340 / 727. This car was missing the kickdown linkage for the trans. I bought a while ago what was supposed to be correct but I had no way of checking and unfortunately I don't think it's right. Anyone have a picture of what it is supposed to be or even have one to sell?

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

7212Mopar

If you have aftermarket carb or intake manifold, the stock linkage might not work. You can use a cable system like Bochullion Performance, much easier to adjust.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

73_Cuda_4_Me

...and the 73 has a single piece kickdown rod to the transmission. It's connected to the carb linkage as shown on Bullitt's photo...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

anlauto

Yup Bullitt has a great picture of the top side, the "rod" in his picture just basically has a few bends in it and it finds it's way down to the lever on the transmission. Simple set-up :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Thanks for the reply. Yea that's not what I have. That's one rod going right to the transmission arm? No bracket on the trans?

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on March 17, 2020, 10:59:16 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yea that's not what I have. That's one rod going right to the transmission arm? No bracket on the trans?

Correct, the earlier versions used a three piece rod design with a pivot bracket on the transmission....not used in 1973
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Guys does this look like a proper 340 kickdown?

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

three two barrels

The rod looks correct but the intake bracket looks like a big block one?

73_Cuda_4_Me

The bracket I have on my 340 looks identical to that, and so does the rod...

:twothumbsup:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B