Main Menu

Adjustable rockers..Which ones??

Started by valman, November 23, 2017, 01:31:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

valman

I am looking at purchasing the PRW industries adjustable S/steel rockers for my 440 rebuild and was told they will clear the OEM valve covers.
Anyone use these or can recommend similar, much appreciated.

Chris

RUNCHARGER

I really like Crane and Isky ductile irons. They are OEM style bulletproof. I don't know if you can still buy them new though.
Sheldon

dodj

I have the PRW SS rockers. I have not had any problems with them but only about 1500 miles on them. Don't know about stock, but they clear the Mopar performance cast aluminium valve covers just fine.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

I agree with both , Crane ductile are indestructable , Isky have a spine along the top that can cause interference problems , both of these do not have roller tips just flat tips which works great with a lash cap .
I have use a lot of set of the PRW & have had great results with those also , these are a roller tip

1 Wild R/T

The early PRW's weren't bushed & there were issues with galling on the shafts... They fixed that long ago & I haven't heard of any other issues since... That said there are more moving pieces with the potential for more problems.... Personally I've always been a big fan of ductile iron rockers, nothing to break & a long standing reputation  of solid reliability....  My preference is the Isky's as they are the strongest design but the Crane rockers, the OE Mopar rockers or even the old Erson rockers all are trouble free... If you decide to run ductile iron rockers new rocker shafts with banana grooves are worthwhile....

anlauto

You'll have to modify the baffle most likely in a stock valve cover :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Not with Crane ductile or PRW even @ .600  lift ,they clear inside stock covers , the Isky ones will not fit inside stock covers though

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 23, 2017, 07:16:50 PM
Not with Crane ductile or PRW even @ .600  lift ,they clear inside stock covers , the Isky ones will not fit inside stock covers though

With a little creativity they fit.....  Looks like stock covers to me...

RUNCHARGER

Fitech? I thought you were running a Holley setup for some reason.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 23, 2017, 08:11:21 PM
Fitech? I thought you were running a Holley setup for some reason.

Nope, FiTech... I ran a Holley system 1997 time frame... It was a  complete POS... Their customer service was a joke... They'll never get another shot at my money......

My FiTech system gave me some grief but the guys @ FiTech took good care of me & I'd recommend their stuff to anyone...

cudabob496

have had Crane Gold for 18 yrs, no problems, and rarely
have to adjust lash.
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

valman

Thanks for all the options guys I will research them all before I purchase

cam440

Hi mate I got a set of comp magnum from vpw their prices are good ATM they are nice rocker and surprising heavy yet to check if they will clear my stock covers I'd say I'll have to modify the baffles but yeah worth it for that stock look

Chryco Psycho

cam440

cool thanks mate  :ohyeah: they are not a very tall chunky rocker , I like them hope they were a good choice lol