Main Menu

Assembly order for shims and clips on A833 shifter rods??

Started by Dakota, May 31, 2019, 06:26:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

I am starting to reassemble the shifter linkage for my A833 with a Hurst shifter.  I have a new set of shims and clips for the shifter rods, but I wasn't sure if the shim is placed right next to the spring clip, or does the shim go between the swivel and the shifter linkage?   

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
this prevents the rotation from unwinding the clip & accidently releasing the spring clip

Dakota

:handshake: Thanks guys.   As I was crawling around under my car yesterday, I was struck by the hundreds of small decisions like this that need to be done right to avoid problems.    I'd be deep in the brown stuff without the help from you and others.

Chryco Psycho

70 Challenger Lover

It's amazing how little tiny things seem to get lost in the project until reassembly time. I was prepping my headliner getting ready to put it in and I started realizing the same thing. At the time, you tell yourself you don't need a photo for every little thing because you will remember but couple years later, I'm scouring the Internet for photos of exactly where the coat hooks go. This forum is worth its weight in gold when research fails.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

Does anyone have a reference diagram for how the rods, operating levers ect goes together? Nothing I. the reference section

anlauto

Takes a bit of clicking but you'll find a diagram on our main page under manuals, under service manuals in the four speed section.. :twothumbsup:

Shoooter

Shane Kelley