Main Menu

Body Ignition Control Module

Started by rdf, July 27, 2020, 03:01:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rdf

Similar to my starter relay question, is the Body Ignition Control Module really needed?

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/dodge/charger/parts/cr100.html
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

73_Cuda_4_Me

If you have factory electronic ignition (no points in factory distributor), then YES, you do...

If you have a different spark system (like MSD or Pertronix), then you may not have to...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

rdf

Ok...I have an MSD 6AL ignition so I may be able to get away with not needing it.
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Somebody not running stock electronic ignition may chime in on whether or not it is needed...???
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

dodj

You do not need it with the MSD ignition.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

rdf

Quote from: dodj on July 27, 2020, 04:58:52 PM
You do not need it with the MSD ignition.

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated!

dodj

You will also not need the ballast resistor anymore.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill