Main Menu

Classic Auto Air

Started by Car-nutt, June 20, 2017, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Car-nutt

I just purchased the complete A/C system from Classic Auto Air. I have a 71 Cuda, it was an original A/C car, their system plugs right into the old (dash controls & a/c box). Does anyone have any pictures or tips on how to install, the instructions are included and are clear but I thought another prospective would make the job easier.

Cuda Cody

Sorry, I don't have any photos to help.  But please let us know what you think when you get it installed.   :bigthumb:

erik70rt

I would like to know how it all goes/works when you have it installed.  Since my A/C doesn't work, I was considering one of these systems.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

shawge

I have a non-AC car and used CAA. Not sure if they are the same wiring the AC vs non-AC? I've attached the wiring diagram that came with the install instructions. 12V supply came from the original switch plug as I didn't want to cut-n-splice my car harness.  Made some slight modifications to add in relays for the blower motor.

Edit: speling :)
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Rich G.

I bought the complete engine side for my 71 with the small Sanden compressor because I put on a shaker hood. It is s factory air car. It has the stock interior Ac setup and it looks and works great. 340 engine

Jgallagh1944

My 70 Challenger was a non-AC car. I had a Vintage Air system installed by my mechanic. The installation does not look like the old after-market installs. The controls replace the old controls on the dash. The vents mount on bottom of dash and look great. Under the hood looks great also. Living in Orlando area, the air conditioning allows me to enjoy my car during the warmer months. I know it's not same manufacturer as yours, but if pictures might help you, I'll take some when I get home tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7071Ebodies

I'm thinking of doing the same Vintage Air install on my 1971 Challenger. I would like to see pictures of your installation. Thanks!

Gary

Have installed a couple classic air systems on non air B bodies.  Highly recommend.  They were easy to install.  We used the electronic controls. Fit was perfect. Owner said they work great ,cool exceptional.  Sorry have no pictures.  But if you have any questions they are very good at helping.  Only complaint I had was one car was a solid lifter Hemi and in order to pull the passenger valve cover you had to open the system to move a firewall fitting. Other than that I would definitely use again