Main Menu

Comp cams lifters

Started by WCC, May 10, 2019, 08:50:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

WCC

Anybody have any experience with Comp cams lifters part # 8921-16? Heard some horror stories about them.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1021559/comp-hydraulic-roller-lifters.html

Oldschool

I have used the Comp Cams solid rollers for years in my Cuda with zero issues. I have no experience with their hydraulic rollers though....

HP_Cuda

I have them and so far not so happy (I know Mopar has some noisy valve trains but this is nuts), as a matter of fact I may be even unhappier if I find that my issue lately is around my valve train. I actually wrote an email to Comp about them and they stated they fixed all of those problems.

I might be looking at howards lifters soon.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Chryco Psycho

Overall I have never been a fan of comp products ...
Johnson makes the best lifters or go to a wrecker & pull a set out of a 86 up LA or Magnum engine if you are building a small block

WCC

Mine is super noisy on a new build, at least till it heats up, and I expected more since they aren't cheap. Given the feedback of others having had issues I'm just going to replace mine as I'm not rolling the dice on an expensive engine build. Of course, now I need to replace the pushrods as well.

HP_Cuda

Looks like my issues were non related to my current issue. Thank god.

Will be doing a tear down to inspect soon though as I would rather avoid a full meltdown.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200