Main Menu

Crank Pulley Bolt Size

Started by rdf, July 24, 2020, 10:38:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

rdf

Anyone know the size of the 6 bolts for the crank pulley?  I got these from 440 Source but they don't fit...they go in about 3/4 of a turn and that's it.

http://store.440source.com/Crank-Pulley-Bolt-Kit/productinfo/101%2D1076/

I found this image of another site of a guy who broke down a 440 but these bolts don't fit either:
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

Chryco Psycho

Could be fine thread instead , what make is the crank pulley ?

rdf

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

Chryco Psycho

Sorry I meant to say the damper where the threads are ?
The factory dampers would take the bolts you show in the original post , aftermarket is anyones guess what threat is used , I would try a 5/16 fine thread bolt as it seems 5/16 is the correct size if it starts to thread in

rdf

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 24, 2020, 02:45:40 PM
Sorry I meant to say the damper where the threads are ?
The factory dampers would take the bolts you show in the original post , aftermarket is anyones guess what threat is used , I would try a 5/16 fine thread bolt as it seems 5/16 is the correct size if it starts to thread in

Hmmm, I don't know on the damper but we did what you suggested (luckily I have a nuts & bolts assortment that I bought a while back) and we were able to find the right ones.  Thanks for the quick responses and help  :twothumbsup: