Main Menu

Dana 60

Started by Spikedog08, September 18, 2017, 12:32:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Does anyone have the measurement to determine if the Dana I have in my e-body is for an e-body?  I think a long time ago one of the Mopar guru's in my area indicated that the rear end in my hardtop is from a b-body and I want to confirm.  Going to be selling it and I want to advertise it correctly. 

Thanks

:bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Spikedog08

Thanks for the quick response . . . next stupid question . . . which one is the Dana?   :thinking:

JS29

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  9.75" is a dana.  You can also look for the bill of materials number stamped on it.

E-body Dana Codes:
603080-1, -2, -4  =  3.54 with Power Lock (Track Pack)
603080-3, -5 = 4.10 Power Lock (Super Track Pack)

Cuda Cody

The bill of material stamping number for an E-Body dana 60 will look like this stamping on the tube...

Spikedog08

I assumed it was the 9 3/4 but just wanted to be sure . . . Now I need to crawl under there and check it out . . .

Cuda Cody

Cuda_mark

I have a B body Dana 60 in my challenger. It's easy to tell because it's an inch narrower on both sides, 2 inches total.

Chryco Psycho

Dumb question but why sell it ??

Spikedog08

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 18, 2017, 04:14:30 PM
Dumb question but why sell it ??

Because I want to drive the hardtop on the highway more . . Current configuration makes it not that enjoyable . . I have a 8 3/4 now with a 3.23 in the garage that I want to install.  For me, drive ability is what I want . . . If I want to drive to a show 3 hours away . . I want to be able too. Convertible is fine for that but sometimes, I want to take the hardtop.  Some have suggested an over drive or a after market 5 or 6 speed.  I bought the hemi 18 spline not that long ago and hate to part with it . . I think  3.23 8 3/4 would suit the stroker motor just fine.

So no sense keeping the Dana when it will probably pay for it all?  Plus maybe help someone with a B Body wanting an original Dana? 

Thoughts?   :thinking:

Cuda Cody

I run the 8-3/4 with 3.23 in a stroker Car and it's a great set up.  Plenty of power to handle the 3.23 and really pretty nice on the freeway.

Spikedog08

Also the next thing I want to attack is the Dana still has drum brakes and I plan to upgrade to disk . . Told I can run a ford setup cheap?  Thoughts on that? 

HP_Cuda

Cass at Dr. Diff has your brake solution.

He is great at answering all your questions as well.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Tunis

Jamie Passon sells a overdrive kit for your 18-spline if you don't mind rebuilding it.