Main Menu

Dual Snorkel Rattle

Started by Ebbs, August 14, 2019, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ebbs

Board

I recently had the original 440 built and installed in my Challenger RT...everything is solid with one exception the round cap on the snorkel area rattles under power

Any remedies?
Regards
Brad

Cuda Cody

I've had the same rattle on a few of these.  It's the canister with the air nipple. 

Does yours rattle at different RPM's or all the time?

70 Challenger Lover

I've had that rattle on some as well and it was the door flap inside the snorkel. Once warm, the vacuum pot releases the door and it drops down to a resting state allowing fresh air through the snorkel. I'm not sure what you could do to stop it. I've found air cleaners where the doors have been removed. I'd guess it was because of that rattling.

Burdar

Is the door rattling or is the canister loose on the air cleaner?

Ebbs

The rattle is on the round top part...going to take a closer look over the weekend

70 Challenger Lover

Alright...one of you must have jinxed me. I have been tuning the RT getting it ready for the road and fixing all the little bugs when today, out of the blue, the stupid trap door in my dual snorkel started rattling at idle. Really loud rattling too. Super annoying. Guess I'm adding that to the list of stuff to iron out on the car!