Main Menu

E body Shifter Mount ID??

Started by gzig5, December 04, 2018, 09:18:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

This is described as an E body shifter from a 70 Cuda. The shifter handle looks like it is from a Cuda but the shifter mount bracket doesn't look like the ones I've seen.  The long shift lever on the shifter doesn't seem to match the one shown in Brewer's website.  Shift rods don't look right either.  Thoughts? Is there a different bracket for use with a console or no console?   I'm mainly interested in the handle and the bracket if they are correct.  I've got a shifter and rods for my conversion, but not the bracket or pistol grip.

anlauto

The handle is E Body for sure, late 1971-1974. NOTHING else in those pictures is E Body stuff. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gzig5

Quote from: anlauto on December 04, 2018, 10:05:37 AM
The handle is E Body for sure, late 1971-1974. NOTHING else in those pictures is E Body stuff. :alan2cents:

Thank you. That's how I was leaning.

What's a pistol grip in that condition worth?  I know what Hurst and Brewers are asking for refurbs, but I can't go there at this point in my budget.

anlauto

Looks like the chrome is pretty wore off on that one...If I had it for sale I'd still be asking $80-$100  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Pretty poochy stuff, $75 for everything.
Sheldon