Main Menu

EFI for 383

Started by RCman, April 24, 2017, 11:12:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

shawge

That really opens up options for the Bs.  Looks like it gets pricey at $700 each (need 2!) at Summit for the bare Victors.  Need so start saving my  :alan2cents: :) 
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Marc70challenger

Quote from: shawge on April 25, 2017, 01:25:01 PM
Quote from: Marc70challenger on April 25, 2017, 12:30:45 PM

Looks familiar. Lol

Good luck with motor!

Edit. Can't figure out how get iPad not to rotate pics like this.  :'(

Thanks! :bradsthumb: Looking good on your end! Good to see another B block going EFI. 

I finished up chasing leaks at the hard/soft fuel line transitions this last weekend. Need to weld some bungs for the 02 sensors and then...  :burnout:

Cool!  We decided to change heads from Trickflow 240 to 270s. Of course trying to verify with them, they said intake ports same as 240s. Long > short: nope. lol. Max wedge they are and Victor intake not. Indy seems to be only ones that make B block MW intake - and I refuse to spend a nickel with them.

So once heads get in, we will see how much we can work the Torker and other options.

Keep up good work!

RCman

Circling back around to this, I did end up going with the Holley Sniper EFI 550-510 setup, Holley 20-7 throttle lever, the DP4B intake, a Tanks Inc fuel tank, JakeFab fuel puck, Aeromotive 11540 pump, Aeromotive 12347 fuel filter, Fragnola PTFE lines and fittings. During the install I ran into an issue getting the plug out of the factory water pump housing so I ended up picking up a housing from Mancini, a Thermostat housing from Roseville Moparts, and a Edelbrock 8814 water pump with Milodon 16406.

I am pleased with the results. Car surely starts better, idles better, and drives better. It hasn't been what I'd say cheap but it has been worth the cost so far but I've only got a few trips on it so time will tell. I do want to rid of the vacuum advance and points at some time down the road (maybe this winter?) I'm looking at a Holley dual sync distributor, but for now I am just going to drive it a bunch. :)

shawge

FYI, AndyF on moparts (AR Engineering) has a trick little cam sync for both B and RB that was designed for the Holley system.  It also works great with my Megasquirt ECU.  It can accept either the Ford or Jeep cam sensors and uses the stock hold down.

Attached a pic showing it on my 451.
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

RCman

Hmm... That does look trick but I can't see much on it since it looks like the arngineering site is down and nobody is else hosting the pdf information/instruction file.
Is it requiring/for the conversion to coil near plug? That might be overkill for my stock-very mild 383.

shawge

http://www.fastmanefi.com/cnp-products-for-mopars

It enables sequential injection. Yeah, it replaces the distributor so you'd have to go with something else (CNP, MSD, etc).

The Dual Sync looks nice, keeps the distributor but enables batch/sequential injection without the need for a crank trigger wheel.
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet