Main Menu

Engine oil sticker shock

Started by Jsand73440, August 05, 2022, 06:31:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jsand73440

Was looking around for the Valvoline VR-1 10w30 motor oil, and could not find it any where for less than $9.99 a quart, and i have the large capacity pan. Dang...
Oh well, i gotta do what i gotta do. It's still less money than what it cost me to take my Toyota Tundra in for a oil change.

JH27N0B

I bought it in April on sale at NAPA for 5.99/qt.
I should have bought even more!
I had to buy a couple qts of VR1 last month, and paid 6.99 at Menards.
For some reason they only stock 20W-50 and straight 50 there.

dodj

I like to use Amzoil stuff and yesterday when placing an order, the number of NLGI#2 grease tubes was reduced to one. Citing supply issues - only one per customer.
And the 5-50 synthetic for the polaris ATV .... $16
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Filthy Filbert

Large capacity?  That's cute.    My Cummins takes THEEE GALLONS per oil change  :drunk:

At least diesel oil isn't $10/quart

chargerdon

Walmart sales all brands of motor oil and filters..    Their prices ONLINE are the best you will find for most any brand!!!  They Charge MORE in the stores so get the product online and take snapshots of what you want.   Go to the closest store and find what you want.   then go to their customer service and ask them to price match THEIR online prices.   They usually will.   

This is the cheapest way to buy motor oil...and still avoid the shipping charges.

Example.   A quart of Valvoline VR1 10w-30 or 20W-50 is $5.88.   Or here any order over $35 can be sent to your house without shipping charges if you dont mind waiting about 3 days.   

Dmod1974

Geez, and I freaked out when I paid that much per quart for Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w40 full synthetic for my Hellcat engine.  That's a lot of money for dino oil, high zinc or not!

Huskidrive

31.45 for a case of 6 on Amazon......Valvoline VR-1 10-30

When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You....It's Huskidrive!