Main Menu

Everything you wanted to know about 6 Pack Carbs

Started by 71GranCoupe, February 26, 2017, 07:15:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

This guys seems to know a thing or two. i learned a lot.

anlauto

Do we know who it is ? I don't like the plating job :thumbdown:

I only trust my carbs to @ScottSmith_Harms  :ohyeah:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

Quote from: anlauto on February 26, 2017, 07:21:58 PM
Do we know who it is ? I don't like the plating job :thumbdown:

I only trust my carbs to @ScottSmith_Harms  :ohyeah:

The info he shares is good, he goes into the circuitry of the carbs and where problems arise and what not to buy off ebay. He has 2 parts and I thought well worth the time and it explains what can be found on ones needing rebuilt. And yes, I would not use him for a rebuild, just Scott, and he is only 2 miles from me.   :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

Love videos like that!  Thanks for sharing.

Scott has built me a few carbs and he does wonderful work.

ScottSmith_Harms

Thank you for the positive support guys, I really appreciate it! 

I do not know the person in the video posted above but it does appear that he is quite knowledgeable.

As some of you know I am building a new shop (which is getting close to completion!), when all the dust settles I plan to do some general Mopar restoration educational and "How to" videos, some of which will be about carburetors. If anyone has any questions or need help with thier carburetors feel free to contact me and I'll be glad to lend  hand.

For those that don't know my business I restore ANY American made carburetor (not just Mopar) Holley, Carter AVS, AFB, Thermo-Quad, Rochester, etc. 2bbl,4bbl, 6bbl, dual 4's, etc.

Thanks!
Scott

anlauto

Okay...so obviously we've been sending @ScottSmith_Harms too much money..... :haha: Beautiful shop :bradsthumb: :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ScottSmith_Harms

I'm just a hobbyist like most of you guys, not a "fat cat" that's for sure! I paid for it with 15 years of savings and gave up a LOT of cars and parts that I wish I still had, but at the end of the day I'm sure it'll be worth it. It's been over a year in getting it to the point it's at now and the finish line is finally in sight, the lifts get installed Wednesday....Yes, I'm excited!   :woohoo:

*I will be hosting a "new Shop" Mopar party this summer, all of you are invited, small car show, food & drinks, etc. Should be a hoot! I'll post dates here as soon as I have them.

Cuda Cody

WOW!   :wowzers:  The shop looks amazing!   :clapping:  Nice job.

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on February 27, 2017, 06:14:27 AM
Thank you for the positive support guys, I really appreciate it! 

I do not know the person in the video posted above but it does appear that he is quite knowledgeable.

As some of you know I am building a new shop (which is getting close to completion!), when all the dust settles I plan to do some general Mopar restoration educational and "How to" videos, some of which will be about carburetors. If anyone has any questions or need help with thier carburetors feel free to contact me and I'll be glad to lend  hand.

For those that don't know my business I restore ANY American made carburetor (not just Mopar) Holley, Carter AVS, AFB, Thermo-Quad, Rochester, etc. 2bbl,4bbl, 6bbl, dual 4's, etc.

Thanks!
Scott

screamindriver

Beautiful shop Scott...Good for you !!  :bigthumb:  I can't wait to see some of your projects coming out of that shop...

303 Mopar

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on February 27, 2017, 06:14:27 AM

Thanks!
Scott

Whats under those car covers?   :thinking: :notsure:

fc7cuda

Looks very roomy!!  I'm sure that will change once you start filling it.  :twothumbsup: