Main Menu

Fuel line replacement

Started by Andrewg, November 11, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Andrewg

Spent most of the day today trying to get the new fuel lines installed. All the posts I found seem to gloss over it because it's so easy. I must be missing something!

Car's up on stands, right rear tire removed, no tank right now. What's the secret?

303 Mopar

I always start at the rear and feed it forward. You will be more limited with the rear still in, but if you have plenty of ground clearance to get under the car and manipulate the line it just takes some time. Dave, now at DB Restorations, shows how here although its just a shell you can still get a good idea. 

Chryco Psycho

It is very easy when it is one of the first parts installed , before the rear suspension & diff , exhaust etc .
Once you have the suspension diff , shocks & exhaust to work around it is much harder to do , removing some parts & some careful bending will be nessisary

Andrewg

Thanks guys! I guess I have more bending ahead of me. This should be lots of fun.

anlauto

You push the front end through the transmission cross member , feed the gas tank end through the wheel well and that's it...falls right in place. :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yup: It's been awhile but they come folded up. I remember I pushed the front in, had the right rear wheel off and it went in. I seem to remember that it was easier to straighten the huge bend in the middle out while it was under the car and the front pushed through the crossmember already.
Sheldon

Andrewg

I'll see which way works. I've got the rear end still in, as well as the exhaust, so it's crowded back there.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Andrewg on November 12, 2018, 06:00:16 PM
I'll see which way works. I've got the rear end still in, as well as the exhaust, so it's crowded back there.

I did it with everything on the car except the rear wheel, so it can be done.