Main Menu

1970 Challenger R/T 383 Engine Bay Ref Pics

Started by Blowout, December 06, 2023, 09:08:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

@Blowout My 383 RT SE. I tried to keep it 100% stock. I believe I got close. I have a lot more under hood and rest-of-car pictures. PM me if you'd like to see them.

Blowout

@headejm that's exactly what I would like to do. Get as close as I can. Great pictures. The more the better.

@Aloha Randy I checked out their site. That might be the way to go.  Thanks for the great tip there.

Aloha Randy

Also on the Original Air kit, order the black compressor if you want a more stock look but they have polished too. Remember that the Sanden compressor is lighter and much more efficient than the stock RV2 compressor if that is important to you.

usraptor

Here's a pic of the all original/unmolested engine compartment of my original factory ordered '70 'Cuda with a 4-speed and 383 Super Commando with air and no power steering. With that combination it was probably a 1 of 1 car.  Sorry for the poor quality of the pic but back in those days we/I actually used film in our cameras that had to be developed and cameras that weren't very good compared to todays. This is the only pic I have of the engine compartment.  I can't believe that I didn't take more pics of that car when I owned it.   :headbang: