Main Menu

Heater Hose Straps - 340 Six Pak

Started by SgtSuperbird, April 03, 2021, 10:24:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SgtSuperbird

I was wondering if there were one or two straps used to secure the heater hoses on a 340 Six Pak engine? I see many references of one located behind and near the alternator, but a second one is unclear as to location or if it was even used. I do understand there's also a black plastic tie to the inner fender. Thank you.

anlauto

I don't think any of those aluminum straps are used...but that's just my opinion....that's why I have a pile of them here :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

No they were not used on 70s.  I think one or a similar metal strap was used on AC lines on 70 E bodies, but not on heater hoses.

1972V21Cuda

So, these were never used on any heater hoses?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I think the were used through the '69 model year.
I too purchased a couple before I couldn't find any evidence they were ever used on 1970s.

SgtSuperbird

Thanks, all. Good information. I'm seeing one, two or none. I'm going with none.

TGGodfrey

My dated hose set came with them..... I put one on based on pictures......looks horrible.  Its coming off.  you are better off with none.

headejm