Main Menu

Hemi aftermarket intake manifold install - roll pins

Started by Mopsquad, April 09, 2018, 06:34:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopsquad

Just saw a post to remove these with an aftermarket intake.  Is this correct and why?

RUNCHARGER

If the aftermarket intake does not holes to clear them on the underside the pins could hold the intake up and not let the gaskets seal on the end rails nor on the ports. I like the roll pins though to keep the gaskets in place so if the intake doesn't have the holes you could drill them yourself.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

:iagree: I usually drill clearance holes & leave the roll pins in place  :alan2cents:

GoodysGotaCuda

if you aren't using the gaskets and/or the intake isn't clearanced for it, it can compromise the seal.

I've just used vice grips to pull them out before. Regardless, they are a "nice to have" if using gaskets, but not required.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mopsquad

Thanks all!  The Edelbrock intake that I'm using has the hole provisions.  Wasn't sure if it was something else.  So no issues.   :D

RzeroB

The roll-pins also "center" the manifold left and right to make sure the manifold comes down "square" for a good intake gasket seal as you tighten the manifold bolts.  :wrenching:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)