Main Menu

Holley carb and EFI conversion

Started by WCC, May 18, 2018, 04:34:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 19, 2018, 03:15:26 PM
This will not fit under a Charger Hood ? 
I bet a Holley street dom could be drilled & fit with a Accfab T body too

Maybe, but the issue is the hood slopes downward toward the front on the Charger so any 'high' manifold will not fit. Even the proflo from Edelbrock with the throttle body on the front will not clear.

Chryco Psycho

Street dom is very low , only !' over stock & the accufab T body is only 1 .75 " tall , approx 1/2 the height of the carb so you should be 3/4" or more lower

392 Cuda

I am trying to decide between Holley and FiTech at the moment... leaning toward the Holley Sniper.

I do plan to use an in-tank pump on a new tank (mine needs to be replaced anyway).

What is everyone using for the return lines? Does anyone have pics of the lines back to the tank?

RUNCHARGER

Just run them beside your fuel line. Some guys run 3/8 back I think 5/16 is lots.
Sheldon

392 Cuda

@runcharger, it looks like the kit includes high-pressure hose. Are you using that or running a second stainless line?

I appreciate the help!

1 Wild R/T

FWIW I used two new pre-bent lines & modified both of them... They both turn and go up the firewall behind the engine, I used compression couplers to convert from steel to rubber hose mid way up the firewall to the back of the throttle body...  In the rear I cut the return about mid way & again used a compression fitting to convert to hose over to the return on the tank & the pressure side has a rubber hose to the filter & from the filter to the steel line.... 

EDL94

Just to throw this in the mix. I am running a Fast EZ EFI controller with port injection. I drilled and welded bungs in a Holley Street Dominator manifold and used Edelbrock fuel rails with a Fast throttle body and dual sink dizzy. Starts and runs great still a little fussy on acceleration when it is cold, but warmed up it runs great.  :burnout:

303 Mopar

Quote from: compugod on October 01, 2018, 06:51:49 AM
What is everyone using for the return lines? Does anyone have pics of the lines back to the tank?

I'm running efi braded lines for the main and return on the Sniper in my Charger. I didn't want to take the chance of any fuel delivery issues.

RUNCHARGER

I ran braided line on the Cuda I setup as well. I probably would have done something different if it was my car but that is what the car owner wanted and it was easy to do.
Sheldon