Main Menu

Hopefully this time it will continue...... engine rebuild

Started by mopar thunder, January 18, 2018, 04:38:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

WCC

Seems everything is a problem and even good shops are struggling. Had a truck at a good shop and they did a good job on it till about two months ago. First, the excuses started coming as to why things aren't getting done and then things were ticked off the list but didn't get done and most that were got done half assed. Then the lockdowns started and I just took the truck back. Am driving it now and just keeping a list of issues.

What pains me the most is that this was a great shop and I even referred customers to them and they let me down the last two months big time. At least if you cannot do it then say so, but don't keep me on a string.

My concern is by the rate which small businesses are closing they may not make it and what then? Finding a good shop these days is tough and if they are struggling I can only imagine what the rest are doing.

The world is going to be a different place for sure.

Keep safe and keep the faith. :cheers:

mopar thunder

WCC.... I agree. Not sure where this is going to go. The TTi's came in and fit good. I was concerned about this but the shop called me over to come take a look. That is their policy , if the customer is close enough, they would like them to come by to see what they are doing. I am close enough and after all the crap that has happened I appreciate that. I went over and while I was there they found out the wrong gaskets were sent.....  :pullinghair: When we ordered them, the shop called to confirm, and I did the same thing and they still send the wrong gaskets. We called them and they sent them out over night the next day but..... that was Friday so they will be there tomorrow. When I get it back I'll post a pic. One more item to be fixed then it can go to the dyno. Problem is the one item that needs to be addressed the shop admitted they know nothing about and they don't know who can tune and dyno it. So I will keep looking. At least the exhaust header and trans pan leaks will all be fixed. I can't wait to drive it. Wish I could get new mufflers at this point. The ones on there are really old and since they sat a long time rust dust cosntantly blows out when I push the throttle. There probably isn't anything left inside and they are a bit loud.