Main Menu

Hydraulic Clutch Bleeding Seemed To Work?????

Started by Daveh, May 14, 2018, 06:33:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey Guys,

I think I'm overthinking this because of hearing all of the bleeding the hydraulic clutch stories over the years.  As you know I've installed the TKO 600.  I went to bleed the clutch and it bled rather quickly.  After about 50 pumps with my wife pushing the clutch and me underneath I had clear fluid with no bubbles or issues. 

I'm using wildwood master cylinder.  I have a nice firm feel, it engages with every gear (not running yet) and there doesn't seem to be any issues. I can see through the hole in the bell housing and see the throw out bearing moving in and out.

Could I finally be one of the lucky ones?  That's just never my luck.  Or maybe I'm missing something?  Any thoughts or am I thinking too much into it?  Thanks

Note:  Don't say drive the car and see because I'm still a couple of months from doing that.

Dave

1 Wild R/T

Daveh

Already cracked the beer.. :drinkingbud:  I'm done for the night don't want to spoil my high. 

ledphoot

Looking at the design of the bleeder on the Kreisler hydraulic kit we thought it'd. R difficult to get the air out as well. It was one of the few things that went well with setting up the transmission.

Daveh

Mine is one of the later units from Kiesler.  About a year before they went defunct.  It was after they changed to Wilwood.  So maybe I got lucky.  Thanks

Shane Kelley

I have only install the American Powertrain set ups with the Wilwood master cylinder. You don't have to mess with the bleeder. You just pump the hell out of it and it self bleeds.   

Daveh

I didn't know that.  I bled them anyway gives me piece of mind that there were no bubbles.  Thanks again. 

Chryco Psycho

It is great when something works easily & correctly !  :twothumbsup:

RUNCHARGER

My wife's S2000 was that way. It would have a dead pedal at the first fire up in spring, but after a few pumps it was good to go.
Sheldon