Main Menu

Is anyone going to try the new FITECH Six Pack fuel injection setup

Started by GrandpaKevin, March 25, 2018, 09:15:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

Looks pretty interesting.

http://fitechefi.com/products/39610/

I would like to see what fuel lines, carb and auto transmission linkages are needed.

RUNCHARGER

That looks great: It looks like you might be able to fit it under a stock air cleaner baseplate as well. It would depend on the fuel lines of course.
Sheldon

Katfish

Little pricey at $2k, I used the 4bbl set up with an airgrabber oval air cleaner and it looks just like a 6 pack set up.
Other than the visual, I doubt there's any performance benefit.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Katfish on March 25, 2018, 09:37:18 AM

Have you ever ridden in a good running Sixpack car? If you have I doubt you'd make that statement.... :alan2cents:   And a FiTech fuel injected Sixpack is probably gonna be a good running Sixpack...

When you tip all six open stuff happens pretty quick...

GrandpaKevin

Any issues using a Six Pack intake since it's a dual plane?

I was under the impression a single plane intake works better with the FITECH setup?

Katfish

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 25, 2018, 11:29:55 AM

Have you ever ridden in a good running Sixpack car? If you have I doubt you'd make that statement.... :alan2cents:   And a FiTech fuel injected Sixpack is probably gonna be a good running Sixpack...

I have, and it's an impressive feeling when the outboard carbs open,
But hasn't it been proven a large single carb setup outperforms a 6pack?
I'd think this would be even more magnified with fuel injection.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Katfish on March 25, 2018, 11:43:57 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 25, 2018, 11:29:55 AM

I have, and it's an impressive feeling when the outboard carbs open,
But hasn't it been proven a large single carb setup outperforms a 6pack?
I'd think this would be even more magnified with fuel injection.

I've heard that for years from guys who think Sixpacks are to complex & a four barrel use to be sold as just as good, then became "better" & yet I've seen to many good running Sixpacks to believe it....

Chryco Psycho

EFI multiport not Throttle body is extremely good , the 6 bbl throttle bodies work as one all opening together & it is just total airflow of the combined throttle bodies as the fuel is delivered through the injectors & the intake is dry
I have tuned a lot of 6 packs & they work very well , however we dynoed i engine with a Proform 850 & RPM intake on a 440 & dynoed it with the 6 pack , the 4 bbl made more power , Proven !
Having said that we are not comparing a stock iron intake with a Carter AVS carb

Katfish

Make sure you understand, besides buying the 6pack intake, you'll need to mount the ECU.
A major selling point of FiTech is the completely integrated system.
I guess they couldn't get the electronics in the smaller 2bbl body.

From website:
FiTech Fuel Injection introduces the Go EFI 3×2 Tri Power 600HP with External ECU in Classic Carburetor Gold.

EFI5spdtom

I have recently changed from the factory dual plane on my 426 hemi modified for FI to the Edlebrock single plane and the single plane runs noticeably better.  Much smoother especially at mid and high RPM.  I think is is because the distribution length to each cylinder is much more equal on the single plane.  So I expect that the single plane 6 pack will also run better than a dual plane.  I did not notice a drop in low rpm performance either--so I think you can run the single plane with confidence.