Main Menu

Is this a challenger rear axle?

Started by BAM, January 22, 2022, 01:29:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Hey Guys,

Can someone please tell me if this diff is correct for my 70 challenger 318/a904?

Skid Row

:no: That is not a 8.75  or the 7.25 axle that would have come on your car.

BAM

@Skid Row  is it at least from a challenger or is a GM product?  :headbang: :headbang:

torredcuda

Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Brads70

As Wade said, it's a GM axle for a 4 link set up that someone cut off the lower mounts and welded on homemade leaf spring perches .

anlauto

Man that car was a mess of different parts when you got it....  :o  I'm assuming that's what was in it when you got it...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BAM

Unfortunately, I only realized today that is 99% from another car brand. Is also unfortunate that i spent 300€ on sandblasting and powder coating it but...ohh well it is what it is.

I'm after a correct rear end if anyone has one. Would prefer a rebuilt one but I'll settle to anything. This must be sent abroad, preferably over dhl or similar fast ways

MoparLeo

Not only is it a GM rear axle it is the weaker 10 bolt differential. The 12 bolt ( number of cover bolts) was the heavy duty version.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Chryco Psycho

Why not just order & complete new assembly from Cass @ DR Diff

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 24, 2022, 07:00:38 PM

What would shipping to Cyprus cost on something like that ? I can't even begin to imagine what you've invested in shipping alone on this project  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on January 24, 2022, 07:20:55 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 24, 2022, 07:00:38 PM

What would shipping to Cyprus cost on something like that ? I can't even begin to imagine what you've invested in shipping alone on this project  :pullinghair:

Sounds like he is going to have to ship in what ever rear end he goes with if he has nothing now. Expensive no matter what rear end he goes with. Might as well get an all brand new Dana 60 from Cass with his brake set up, as by the time you add up all the parts to build a 8 3/4 your pretty much the same with a Dana . With him shipping all the various parts to build a 8 3/4 is a big factor, one stop shopping with a Dana 60 from Cass, one shipment cost and an all new rear end that's bullet proof with lots of options gear ratio, trac loc, bearing ends, brake set ups, all new , not 50 plus year old worn out parts etc.... 
I've bought 2 of the Dana's from Cass now with zero regrets. Cheaper in the long run and bullet proof  :alan2cents: