Main Menu

Jamie Passion 5 speed Transmission ?

Started by anlauto, July 28, 2017, 08:12:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

A few years back Jamie Passion introduced a revolutionary new 5 speed Mopar transmission. Once developed and produced they started taking orders for manufacturing.....100's and 100's of orders came in from what I understand....

Fast forward....2-3 maybe even 4 years now and what ?

Has anybody here received one ? Does anybody know how many have been produced and running on the street ? Where are they at on their order list ?

It was the HOT TOPIC for quite awhile at first....but now only crickets ? :thinking:

Anybody ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Jamie is turning them out: Some fellows have gotten 2 of them, other fellows none. I think it depends on what bodystyle you ordered. I haven't talked to Jamie himself in about a year but man he sounded tired back then. I think it's a great feat of engineering and I imagine I'll put one in my next Challenger.
Sheldon

anlauto

@RUNCHARGER you need to talk to @ChallengerHK if you want one.....He put the bug in my ear earlier tonight...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco Psycho

My customer got one of the first ones & loved it but has since sold the car

6bblgt

I put one in here ~3 years ago behind a ~600hp ARRUZA HEMI - owner LOVES it!

bpsmopar

:burnout: Dave just received one for the 70 black Challenger Hemified! :woohoo:

one bad fish

I put my name on "the list" some time ago and was supposedly number 235 but I haven't heard back from anyone so I thought they weren't available?

303 Mopar

I'm going on year 3 of waiting, and everytime I talk to Jamie its "at least a year out." So I got tired of waiting and bought his 4 spd OD to put behind the 392 Hemi and I love it!  I probably will still buy the 855 when/if my name comes up but I am happy right now.   :burnout:

cordodge

funny. I just got a call yesterday asking if I still wanted one, was number 225 or something like that. 3 years I was waiting. would have loved to have one but right now with the money difference and the border charges I could not justify 6 grand for one more gear so unfortunately I had to pass. Maybe in a year or two I may

Bruce

ec_co

with as many orders as he has had, why not farm out some of the work????? its obviously a solid product and there is no shortage of folks wanting them. its not like you can let folks wait for 5-10+ years thinking they will still be ready to buy.  :pullinghair:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

I think it was a matter of quality control, that's why he decided to keep in "in house" :alan2cents:

It's really nice to hear people are getting them, and, or getting the phone call.... :cooldance:

I hope very soon there'll come a time when he has them sitting on a shelf "in stock" ready to be sold. :takemymoney:

Chryco Psycho

I have nothing of quality  problems , just needs a better business plan , there is far more demand than supply !

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 29, 2017, 06:37:55 AM
I have nothing of quality  problems , just needs a better business plan , there is far more demand than supply !

:iagree:  He has/had a small window of opportunity and it may be slipping away.  Look at your other options today for additional gears; Tremec, GVOD, etc.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 29, 2017, 06:45:54 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 29, 2017, 06:37:55 AM

:iagree:  He has/had a small window of opportunity and it may be slipping away.  Look at your other options today for additional gears; Tremec, GVOD, etc.

...yep. I saw the complaints online about the wait and never even considered it. T56 Magnum is what I went with.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs