Main Menu

LA 360 - Blocking Intake Heat Crossover

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, August 09, 2018, 05:24:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

What is your method of blocking the intake heat crossover?

I have an Edelbrock Performer RPM to install and would like to go ahead and kill the port. I've seen people say they JB weld it up, pack the head with aluminum foil, use thin sheet metal under the gasket.

What works for you? :wrenching:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

kawahonda

I wouldn't kill the port unless you need to.

Doesn't the RPM already not hve a cross over?
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

76orangewagon

They sell gaskets with the cross over blocked off so you can leave the intake intake intact.

Cudajason

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on August 09, 2018, 05:24:07 PM
What is your method of blocking the intake heat crossover?

I have an Edelbrock Performer RPM to install and would like to go ahead and kill the port. I've seen people say they JB weld it up, pack the head with aluminum foil, use thin sheet metal under the gasket.

What works for you? :wrenching:

Finally coming back to the dark side and going old school on the CUDA...glad to hear it!!   :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: kawahonda on August 09, 2018, 05:48:02 PM
I wouldn't kill the port unless you need to.

Doesn't the RPM already not hve a cross over?

Why would I need it? I don't have a thermostatic choke.

The AirGap doesn't have a crossover, the Performer RPM does.

Quote from: 76orangewagon on August 09, 2018, 06:10:58 PM
They sell gaskets with the cross over blocked off so you can leave the intake intake intact.

I have run composite gaskets that blocked off the port in the past, they burned through.

Quote from: Cudajason on August 09, 2018, 06:28:44 PM
Finally coming back to the dark side and going old school on the CUDA...glad to hear it!!   :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

The dinosaur motor I'm working on is in the Warlock  :deadhorse:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shane Kelley

I have had the gaskets blow out also and i'm a big fan of blocking the crossover off also. I see no need in heating up the intake manifold causing vapor lock among other things and yes i know what they are designed for. Doing also keeps the paint from burning the paint off painted manifolds. I cut a thin piece of sheetmetal and put it on the intake side of the gasket. You need to make sure it's almost aluminum can thin or it can hold the intake up and cause a vacuum leak on the nearest ports. 

Chryco Psycho

I use a section of the old gasket cut it to fit & glue it in place with silicone  :bigthumb: