Main Menu

Looking for a Transmission Cooler

Started by rdf, July 27, 2020, 11:47:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

rdf

I got a chance to speak with my friend via text, who gave me the radiator and asked him about his transmission cooler.  He doesn't recall the brand but thinks it was from Summit Racing and sent me the pic that I've attached.  Interestingly enough, it installed it right under the driver's seat and it doesn't have a fan on it.  He says he's had no issues with cooling and he's running the exact same motor as I am (built from the same guy with the majority of the same parts) and transmission.  The only difference is he has an overdrive add-on for the transmission...oh yeah and it's a 69 Dart not an e-body.

Has anyone else tried something similar?  What were the results if so?  I've also heard they can be stored in the trunk so long as they have the proper fan to cool it.....is that just for racing applications or could it be used in a street rod?

I've been looking at the Derale Remote Mount cookers with single or dual fans but I'm still wondering if it's overkill or not.

https://derale.com/product-footer/fluid-coolers/transmission/remote-mount2013-10-28-09-53-271226240719
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.