Main Menu

Members from Gillette Wyoming Challenger history 440

Started by northerncuda2021, January 24, 2023, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

northerncuda2021

Hi all.  I picked up a cool car up here in Canada. I'm torn on what to do with it. It's a real RT U code 440 engine long gone. Nice fender tag , matching cowl and rad support. No build sheet Last known spot was Gillette sitting  in a field.  Long shot if anyone has any history on the car it would be great!!  Thinking if I find motor I'll restore to original if not then will get build without worrying about originality. Thanks all. original colour sublime.

cudamadd

Nice pick up any pictures of fender tag as in options  ?  cheers :australia:

Katfish

northerncuda2021

Tag, I need to research what it means.

Katfish

RUNCHARGER

Nice car! My 440 was missing as well. I kind of regret the Hemi and Shaker though, your car to do with as you wish though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Weird, somebody was just at my shop the other day telling me about this car, he was thinking of buying it... :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

northerncuda2021

I lucked out. Someone wanted it then they backed out. It's solid but not so much complete. Time will tell what happens.  Maybe drop a modern hemi unit if I can't find motor.

northerncuda2021

One day I hope mine looks as nice as yours. It's a beauty.

northerncuda2021

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 24, 2023, 10:41:49 AM
Nice car! My 440 was missing as well. I kind of regret the Hemi and Shaker though, your car to do with as you wish though.

I hope one day mine looks as nice as yours.  It's a beauty!!

anlauto

From what I understood, the asking price was pretty reasonable too  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

Nice purchase and it looks like you have a solid foundation to work from.

There is a sister U-code to it that may still be sitting in a yard near Medicine Hat, also FJ5

northerncuda2021

Quote from: YYZ on January 24, 2023, 12:38:26 PM
Nice purchase and it looks like you have a solid foundation to work from.

There is a sister U-code to it that may still be sitting in a yard near Medicine Hat, also FJ5

Would that be nice to find!!  I do need a parts car.