Mopar Performance catalog / Cyl head id

Started by Chryco Psycho, June 16, 2019, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Anyone with older MP catalogs
I am looking for info on casting # p4532796 for big blocks
thanks !! :twothumbsup:

1 Wild R/T

My 1990 catalog doesn't show it.... Sorry.

However a Google Search shows Mopar stage 6 heads

Chryco Psycho

I got different pix with a google search with that part # some were stage 6 some were not
they do have the blue pipe plug in the ends of the head 

Chryco Psycho

They are not Stage VI as there is no intake spacer , Stage VI were raised port heads

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 18, 2019, 06:16:45 PM
They are not Stage VI as there is no intake spacer , Stage VI were raised port heads

Unless they are used on a B block and a 440 intake is used then no spacer. Like mine

Chryco Psycho

Can you see the casting # on yours Brad ?

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

Yup , it proves they are different castings !

Brads70

From what I had learned on stage 6 head is to first look for the logo

"1st thing! DO NOT USE the first generation of these castings. ( Early 1990's)They are junk!  From what I have read Mopar quickly changed the casting process as the first generation almost always had cracking problems and leaked water and oil!
These heads can be identified by the casting logo. The new heads have an M with a circle around them about 1/2- 5/8 diameter. The junk heads have a larger logo about 1". This is my description looking at a picture  in the book by HP books titled Big Block Mopar Performance."

aussiemark

Chryco Psycho I have the same heads I bought them off Ebay at a good price a few years ago, they came from Angelucci Performance Products. They are new and came with the valves stem seals and spring seat washers but no other hardware. I did some research when I first got them and came up with part number P4876311. From what I found they will fit on a 440 with a 440 intake without any spacers needed, I plan on using them as an upgrade on my 440-6 I will use an aluminium intake and the standard HP exhaust manifolds (these will work because they have straight spark plugs) and paint them orange for the stock look. You can get any info you need by Googling the part number.

Brads70

Quote from: aussiemark on June 20, 2019, 04:15:10 AM
Chryco Psycho I have the same heads I bought them off Ebay at a good price a few years ago, they came from Angelucci Performance Products. They are new and came with the valves stem seals and spring seat washers but no other hardware. I did some research when I first got them and came up with part number P4876311. From what I found they will fit on a 440 with a 440 intake without any spacers needed, I plan on using them as an upgrade on my 440-6 I will use an aluminium intake and the standard HP exhaust manifolds (these will work because they have straight spark plugs) and paint them orange for the stock look. You can get any info you need by Googling the part number.

Post up some pictures if you could and I'll add them to the stage 6 post for future reference!  :bradsthumb:

aussiemark

Here are a few photos.

Chryco Psycho

70 Challenger Lover

I have a set as well. I really liked them with headers and a performer rpm. Mine are still in the box but the part number on the casting is different from the box.