Main Menu

Motor Mount Recommendation

Started by kawahonda, August 15, 2018, 03:14:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Transmission guy got done with my car and it's all a success. Going to pick it up right now.

He did warn me that the motor mounts are shot and should be replaced immediately.

What are some good 340 motor mounts that can withstand a 375 HP build? Would over-the-counter ones work just fine, or is there something you guys would recommend to be used in it's place?

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

benlavigne

I was just going to post about the same subject!
My ''new'' regular started to tear apart, with my fan chewing up the shroud...
I've used Polylocks from Schumacher in the past, but they have been unavailable for a while, so I had to settle for the regular ones, did not last more than a few weeks with a modest 390pounds of torque...
Anybody has a better solution readily available, or some Polylocks kicking around?

Ben

kawahonda

I've seen some all steel ones from Mancini (sp?)

I'm assuming all steel means more vibrations...?

I may never reach 375, but I want them to be OK with that rating. 

Worn motor mounts may be he cause of shift shaft leaks...

Cuda Cody

7212Mopar

You can go with regular rubber mounts but need to add a torque strap from Schumacher or fab one yourself. Or try Mity mounts, similar to the polyloc. Do not get the Magnum mounts, they have quality issue with the location of the mounting bolts. Another source for polyloc is from PST. They listed them but not sure why they are available but Schumacher listed them out of stock. Best to call them first.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

kawahonda

Cool. So these? http://www.manciniracing.com/benmaset.html

Nothing else needed? Just grab those and swap em out?

Thanks for the help. Need to order ASAP.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7212Mopar

I got these mag mounts and holes were indexed wrong. It will not allow the mounts to sit on the k frame with the bolts inserted. The metal gauge thickness is also less than factory. The welded nuts are also not heavy duty. IMO they are likely oversea products. If they sit on the k frame, the bolts cannot get in. I wasted a few days with them and finally figured out the problem. Schumacher was out of stock then so I got the Mity mounts.

kawahonda

Hmm. Why do you guys have such different experiences?

7212Mopar

I posted some pictures here when I was trying to figure out the problem. You can see what I am talking about.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=89646.msg1171176#msg1171176

kawahonda

Hmm. Interested to hear more from others. $200 for. Replacement set of mounts sounds horrible.

dodj

Quote from: kawahonda on August 15, 2018, 08:07:06 PM
Hmm. Why do you guys have such different experiences?
:notsure:
I don't know.I bought mine a few years ago. Probably 6 or 7 years ago. Mine bolted up just like factory.
Maybe 7212 got one that was 'screwed up' or maybe they are all different now. One good review and one bad review is tough to make an informed decision. Ask Dave at Roseville and see what he might have for you.

303 Mopar

Quote from: kawahonda on August 15, 2018, 07:01:45 PM
Cool. So these? http://www.manciniracing.com/benmaset.html

Nothing else needed? Just grab those and swap em out?

Thanks for the help. Need to order ASAP.

I've had these on several cars, including my Charger with a 505 ci stroker.  Great mount!