Main Menu

Need help with parts list

Started by rdf, June 19, 2020, 10:34:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

rdf

Hi everyone!

I need some help getting a list of parts that I would need to put my transmission in my 73 'Cuda.  The transmission (a 727) has already been rebuilt and has a toque convertor in it.  I also put a flex plate on it as well.  I have it mounted to the engine and tranny mount but I'm missing all the cables/rods/linkage items that complete it....and unfortunately, I don't remember what is needed.  Can anyone help?

I've attached a few pix of the transmission:
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

Rich G.

I hope you have parts laying around! You need the kick down linkage that goes from the carb to the trans. ( very hard to find the correct one ) And a lot of the shift linkage and rods depending on if it's a floor shift or column shift. And of course the cooler lines.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  There's a few things you'll need that if you don't have them can be kinda hard to find on the cheap.  Are you going with a column shift or floor shift?

rdf

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 19, 2020, 01:53:35 PM
:iagree:  There's a few things you'll need that if you don't have them can be kinda hard to find on the cheap.  Are you going with a column shift or floor shift?

It's a column shift now but I have purchased a Hurst shifter for the floor.
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

rdf

I have new cooler lines from Inline Tube but it's the kickdown linkage I'm missing.  Looks like I need to start the long hunt for that or call a few friends to see if I can get one custom made.

Is the linkage depended on the body type (e body, a body, etc) or is it the engine/transmission combo?  I assume it's the first but just want to be sure.

73_Cuda_4_Me

I might have some of the parts you need... I switched my 340 column shift from a 727 to an A41 kit from SST...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

rdf

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on June 20, 2020, 02:36:55 PM
I might have some of the parts you need... I switched my 340 column shift from a 727 to an A41 kit from SST...

PM me with what you've got and a price please.  I have nothing right now so this will be a good start.

73_Cuda_4_Me

I'll try to get you a short list of what I have today...

BS23H3B

73_Cuda_4_Me

What parts do you have on your throttle linkage bracket that bolts to the intake, for the kickdown?

BS23H3B

73_Cuda_4_Me

How much of this do you have in the illustration?

I have the kickdown pivot that goes to the throttle bracket, the rod clamp, the kickdown rod, and the z-bar pivot that bolts to the 727 that you might not need going to floor shift.. Please note that the spring is NOT factory...

I may even have the kickdown lever and shift lever that goes on the 727...

BS23H3B

rdf

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on June 22, 2020, 05:19:07 AM
What parts do you have on your throttle linkage bracket that bolts to the intake, for the kickdown?

I will look today to see what I have.....I may have some of those rods but if I did, they would be for the old 906 transmission that was in the car when I got it.

rdf

So it looks like I have some of the parts but again, these came off the 360/904 engine/transmission combination so will it work with my 440/727?

73_Cuda_4_Me

BS23H3B

rdf

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on June 22, 2020, 06:27:40 PM
:notsure:

I don't think they are interchangeable...I just spoke with a local transmission performance shop and they said they weren't 100% sure but they didn't think so.  Stand by though, I'm gonna do some more digging.  Does anyone know if TacTransMan from cuda-challenger.com is on this site?  I'm sure he would know.

rdf

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on June 22, 2020, 06:11:32 AM
How much of this do you have in the illustration?

I have the kickdown pivot that goes to the throttle bracket, the rod clamp, the kickdown rod, and the z-bar pivot that bolts to the 727 that you might not need going to floor shift.. Please note that the spring is NOT factory...

I may even have the kickdown lever and shift lever that goes on the 727...

Can you PM me a price for all that?