Main Menu

Passon 5 Speed at Carlisle

Started by Topcat, July 07, 2018, 06:25:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Anyone planning to meet with Jaimie at Carlisle?

Maybe ask him if his lead time is beginning to improve or when that will happen?

We've got 5 million machine shops out here in the bay area if he needs help making parts.

If you received one, place how long as well.

This will give us a Lead time average possibly.

anlauto

He has to be caught up by now, isn't he ? It's been YEARS!!!
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on July 07, 2018, 06:51:35 PM

Was just on his revised (5th edition) website and I didn't see it there.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Topcat on July 07, 2018, 08:28:40 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 07, 2018, 06:51:35 PM

Was just on his revised (5th edition) website and I didn't see it there.

He has been contracted to make transmissions for Graveyard Carz now, but no 855 on his site anymore. I'm on year 4 and he told me I was #15 in line about 6 months ago.

Topcat

So it sounds like production is so low, he went private.  :notsure:

ec_co

IMO these have become a bit of vaporware. engineering supposedly finished a long time ago. took in a lot of pre-orders .... years ago .... still not delivering. has had multiple offers of help to get production going and orders caught up. with so many folks wanting a better fitting 5spd you'd think this would be in hard production already ..... nope ....

I've heard they do great work, but something is off track here and the communication with customers seems horrible
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Topcat

Hey I got an idea...  :idea:

Let me find Elon Musk here in Fremont to get him outta making these and let him make them.   :haha:

RUNCHARGER

I've always had excellent dealings with Jamie. Everyone that has an A-855 seems quite pleased with them.
Sheldon

mjb765

Gone from the website--hard to imagine, but yep......I spoke with Jamie in November and he told me I should have one in my hands by late May or June. We all know that didn't happen. Not sure If I can make Carlisle, but if someone talks to him about it please update this thread. I'm sure a lot of people will bring it up when they see him.

303 Mopar

I received a message from Jamie on FB:
"Yes we are still making the 855 and there is still a waiting list. We are still working on the transition of the new website and don't have a tab for the 855 just yet."

61K T/A

Jamie did my 833 about 10 years ago and am very happy. On the other hand Gear Vendors is in my future. You can get a Keith Black block faster that an 855.

Voodoo Child

I'll stop in and ask him for you guys. I need a knock off Hurst pistol grip shifter for my Tremec. The handle I got from SST was plane chrome. No lettering. :bigthumb:

Chryco Psycho

I have been dealing with Jamie for parts for over a decade , he has always been awesome , just in over his head with the demand for 855 trans , I know he is producing more of the 855 now

Voodoo Child

I talked to Jamie's dad Saturday, he said they are slowly getting the trans out but still having vendor/ supply issues. He said they are waiting on the ""out board shaft"" on the ebody trans. Don't shoot the messenger!

303 Mopar

So here is a dilemma I thought of:  The 855 is a completely custom trans, and Jamie is the ONLY person that knows how this trans is made AND how to fix it if something goes wrong.  Given the multi-year production cycle, how long is it going to take and cost me when/if there is an issue with the 855?  And am I better off just sticking with a 833 or 833 OD?