Main Menu

PVC valve question

Started by usraptor, November 22, 2018, 06:16:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

I'm currently running valve cover breathers on my 440/512 stroker engine and with no PCV valve. I haven't developed any oil leaks however I have less than 500 miles on the engine.  Although, I  have noticed a slight oil film on the valve covers around the breathers on occasion.  My engine builder told me I should run a PCV valve and I also just read in the recent edition of Muscle Machines magazine that running a PCV valve is recommended and the one that is recommended for modified engines is a M/E Wagner adjustable PCV valve.  Before I drop $129 on one I just thought I'd ask if anybody has any first hand experience with the Wagner valve?   :notsure: :dunno: :help:

Chryco Psycho

I have not used the Wagner PCV Valve , but it is recommended to run a PCV system , you want to be sure the PCV is connected to the base of the carb so all of the cylinders burn off the air from the PCV equally , , power brakes should be connected to the # 7 or 8 intake runner , you can foul 1 plug plumbing it opposite

usraptor

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 22, 2018, 07:36:34 PM
I have not used the Wagner PCV Valve , but it is recommended to run a PCV system , you want to be sure the PCV is connected to the base of the carb so all of the cylinders burn off the air from the PCV equally , , power brakes should be connected to the # 7 or 8 intake runner , you can foul 1 plug plumbing it opposite

I agree, and there's about zero chance I'd drop $129 on a PCV valve...

And BTW @Chryco Psycho  nice post count....

Cudajason

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 23, 2018, 08:54:28 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 22, 2018, 07:36:34 PM

I agree, and there's about zero chance I'd drop $129 on a PCV valve...

And BTW @Chryco Psycho  nice post count....

I agree I would start with a parts store PCV valve and see what happens!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho