Main Menu

rear drum RED paint

Started by pink aar, August 10, 2018, 05:27:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pink aar

Does anyone have a paint code for the red on the rear brake drums. I read a old post  on a different forum that Scott at Harms said it was close to Chrysler engine red.  Any help would be thankful.

Shane Kelley

Can't say it's 100% correct but I have found Rustoleum safety red to be very close. Brushes on real nice.

anlauto

It's also going to dis-colour after a few heat cycles from driving, so I think you're fighting an uphill battle trying to match any colour. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

I still have drums all around with the 14" Rallye wheels. I like the way the Red shows through the holes on the wheels. I figuered just from daily driving the drums would heat up and end up burning off regular household paint. So I pick up a can of Chrysler Red engine paint from Pep Boy, looks OK to me and probably won't burn off very quickly.  Thanks,   Al

JS29

:thinking: did buick paint there engines red? @70/6chall might be on to something using engine paint. I did use re-builders cast iron paint on drum's before with good results.

RUNCHARGER

Ha: Another vote for the rustoleum red. I bought a can in the late 70's and it was bang on. I think the Chrysler red engine paint is probably close too.
Sheldon

71vert340

I had my new Polyglas tires mounted on my rallye wheels today and I noticed with the wheels off that one of my front drums had lost a lot of the red paint in 47 years. I had a can of Rustoleum red and I touched up the drum. Matches the original red perfectly.
Terry