Main Menu

Rear Pinon Yoke

Started by 7212Mopar, August 10, 2018, 12:32:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: 7212Mopar on September 26, 2018, 11:15:50 PM
Also I never have a Torsen style LSD and I read some great things about the new Doctor DIFF piece.
It's an Eaton Truetrac isn't it? I don't think it is anything new?
I put a truetrac in my 8 3/4 last year after I 'used up' my SG, and have no complaints.
Don't forget the 'plug' in the middle of the diff like I did.  :-[  If you do, ya get to take the centre section out again...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7212Mopar

It is not the Eaton but a new Dr. Diff made LSD that uses 6 helical gears. I think some folks at the B Bodies forum are running it and like it a lot.

From his site:

"DoctorDiff Sure-Trac is a fully machined, forged steel 8.75" differential which operates similar to an Eaton True-Trac.

The Sure-Trac incorporates 6 helical (worm) gears instead of 4 for maximum strength and smooth, quiet operation.

Use conventional 85 W 140, GL-5 grade gear lube. Friction modifier additive is not necessary."

Where does the plug goes? Between the LSD and the axle shaft to take the thrust load? Are you using the factory axle bearings? Cass usually have some instruction. If not I can call or email him. I don't think he sleeps much as he always get back to you in just a few minutes.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

dodj

Oh, ok, I only saw the Eaton on his site recently.
If it is a new design it may not have the 'plug' I'm talking about.
The plug goes in the diff between the ends of the axles. So you insert it in the diff before you install it in the housing. Then the adjuster on the passenger side of the axle assy will work.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill