Main Menu

Reverse lockout

Started by muscleonly, March 14, 2020, 01:15:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

muscleonly

Did all 1970 and later e bodies including T/As come with reverse lockout rods and locking columns

Floyd

It was a 70-only thing, including T/As,  as far as I know.  71-74 didn't have it.

anlauto

It was found on both four speeds and automatics, but as mentioned, was dropped after the 1970 model year with the introduction of the "to remove key" lever on the new for 71 locking steering column. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

muscleonly

I assume they're different from small block to big block but what about 4 speed to auto, different?

anlauto

Quote from: muscleonly on March 14, 2020, 02:06:38 PM
I assume they're different from small block to big block but what about 4 speed to auto, different?

Not quite the same between the two, especially the rod going to the transmission.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jamesroney

I am ready to say that there are different components for the 4 variants that I am familiar with.

...and since the 3 speed manual was also available...I'm guessing at least 5 variants.

4 speed manual transmission, small block
4 speed manual transmission, big block
3 speed manual transmission(???)
Automatic transmission, TF 904, floor shift.
Automatic transmission, TF 727, floor shift.

If you need linkage for the auto trans, send me a message.  I have a box of at least 5 different cars that were parted.  linkages, bell cranks, pivot brackets, frame brackets, Rods, etc.

Problem is that I can not identify the parts.  I know I have a full set of 904 linkage, and at least one set of 727. I converted to 4 speed, so all of this is useless to me.

Same story for auto shift linkage, and kick down.

Jamesroney@yahoo.com
BS23N0E

muscleonly

Hey Thanks but I have a 4 speed car so might have to go the repo route, Thanks for the info