Main Menu

RH transmission - The Result

Started by Cudajason, August 19, 2019, 06:17:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cudajason on September 28, 2021, 02:58:30 PM
Quote from: blown motor on September 28, 2021, 02:56:09 PM
Forget the gas savings. The real reward to all this is putting on some miles to hang out with guys like Brad and I!  :haha:

there is some truth to that Murray.

Smiles per gallon!

Yup... Fuel mileage wasn't really part of my reason for wanting O/D... I look at it as an added bonus.... I like traveling at or above the speed limit without listening to the engine spinning 3K plus... I've driven a 440 with 4:10 gears over 1000 miles doing 60 MPH so obviously I know the cars will do it, but I'd rather not listen to it....

YellowThumper

@Cudajason
I chased the same over charging issue for a long time. Partial failure was thru harness. There is a wire that feeds your vreg the voltages being put out. IIRC it is blue.
It should be reading very close to the charging volts. Mine ended up reading over 2 volts lower than actual charge. It was not consistent and caused spikes as well.
Ended up separating that wire from harness (figuratively) and running a new one that is fed with a switched reelay.
Before final diagnosis, the spikes ended up ruining my alt. It then pegged to 16 volts. No longer taking a signal from vreg.
Replaced alt and added the relay wiring and it has been rock solid since.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Quote from: YellowThumper on September 28, 2021, 07:42:29 PM
@Cudajason
I chased the same over charging issue for a long time. Partial failure was thru harness. There is a wire that feeds your vreg the voltages being put out. IIRC it is blue.
It should be reading very close to the charging volts. Mine ended up reading over 2 volts lower than actual charge. It was not consistent and caused spikes as well.
Ended up separating that wire from harness (figuratively) and running a new one that is fed with a switched reelay.
Before final diagnosis, the spikes ended up ruining my alt. It then pegged to 16 volts. No longer taking a signal from vreg.
Ah....the joys of 50 year old wiring and connections...... :steamingmad:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cudajason

Quote from: YellowThumper on September 28, 2021, 07:42:29 PM
@Cudajason

@YellowThumper , thanks...do you have details on the relay wiring, I would like to see that.  I think that is part of my issue.

we can move this discussion over to this thread....

https://forum.e-bodies.org/electrical-and-audio/11/-over-charging-issues-battery-issue-update/22970/msg274921#msg274921
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.