Main Menu

Rocker assembly

Started by Cbridgewater, December 07, 2019, 11:06:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cbridgewater

What would you guys suggest for a rocker assembly? I have Edelbrock 60179 heads and just ordered a Lunati 10200703 cam with hydraulic flat tappet lifters. Thoughts?

gzig5

What is your budget and use case?  Lots of options between $150-$1200.  The more wild the cam and stronger the springs, the more you need to pay attention to the quality of the rockers.  Speedmaster are decent and cheap.  The PRW Stainless Steel rockers get good reviews for medium performance apps and are affordable. I have a set.  Harland Sharp are well regarded but start to get pricey and T&D are near the top of the heap.  Many more in between, but really need to know what your motor, cam, and spring spec is and how you plan to run it.

Cbridgewater

I know there are a ton of options/manufacturers. Roller tipped rockers are fine to use with a non roller cam right?

gzig5

Quote from: Cbridgewater on December 07, 2019, 11:48:26 AM
I know there are a ton of options/manufacturers. Roller tipped rockers are fine to use with a non roller cam right?

Yes.  If it is a mild-ish cam the PRW SS or Mancini rockers would be a good choice.  I think the Mancini are made by HS.  Until you get into high lift with strong springs, you should be able to find something under $400 that would work well for you.  I would stay away from needle bearings on the shaft, you need a specific shaft for that. 

gzig5

Those are supposed to be excellent and are what the PRW and ProComp/Speedmaster SS one are copied off of.   I think they also may be capable of oiling through the pushrod, which opens up their use on Magnum platforms.  Can't go wrong with those.

Cbridgewater

Perfect, thanks for the help!