Main Menu

Rockers and valve cover clearance issues

Started by Matt13, March 25, 2020, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

Anyone seen these Comp Cam rockers before? I can't ID them anywhere. Says 69 1.50, G -10

anlauto

1.50 would be the ratio
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JonH

Look like Crane Cams rockers to me....as stated 1.5 is ratio. What else do you want to know?

Matt13

Quote from: JonH on March 25, 2020, 11:33:30 AM
Look like Crane Cams rockers to me....as stated 1.5 is ratio. What else do you want to know?
Are these taller than comparable rockers? Reason being, my car came with ratty old M/T Valve covers with no baffle. The new covers I have and just finished painting seem to touch the tops of the rockers where the baffle is. Does it matter? Should I try to remove the baffles?

RUNCHARGER

It's best to leave the baffles in place. If you use two VC gaskets will it give you enough clearance?
Sheldon

Matt13

Perhaps. I'll have to check that. Of course my worry would be leaks. Also, the Mickey Thompson's didn't have baffles. Are they that important?

RUNCHARGER

You glue two gaskets together if needed, it's cheaper than buying new valve covers. Without baffles excessive oil can make it into the breathers, making a mess or pushing too much oil into the intake/air cleaner.
Sheldon

anlauto

You can beat the baffles with a hammer :deadhorse:  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Well, I think I'll try a second set of gaskets. I'm also going to see if anyone on here has a set of spacers lying around.

Chryco Psycho

if it is just touching you may be able to dimple the baffle instead of removing it .
But I would do what RunCharger said & double the gaskets with longer bolts of course