Main Menu

Running a electric and manual fuel pump for priming and back up

Started by Lloyd Lind, December 09, 2018, 06:55:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Lloyd Lind

I just thought that my pictures could be of Benefit to anyone who hates cranking the motor to bring gas to the carburetor after the car sits unstarted after a few days or weeks. Notice where and how the fuel pump is mounted to clear the differential ( a Dana sixty)  and the fittings required to install a one way check valve in the by pass.

GoodysGotaCuda

Nice, I hate cranking my old truck up as well...but boy there sure are a lot of clamps and fittings to get it done that way.

I ended up using a low pressure Carter pump, which doesn't require a regulator for a carb nor much electrical current.So far, so good!
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Katfish

Nice job, seeing this though makes me happy I switched to FI

ragtopdodge

A bit overkill.

You have an electric pump AND a mechanical?

I'd just get rid of the latter.

Just when you turn the key, wait a second for the pump to fill the fuel bowls, then crank.

Chryco Psycho

The Holley pumps are noisy so using them to prime is not a bad idea , if you are going to run electric the Mallory 110 is about the quietest & is tolerable running continuously

Flatdad

That's what my brother and I were planning to do with my E-body, but wasn't set on where to mount it. Thanks for sharing!

I did a similar setup for my road runner, using the Electric to prime and make passes at the drag strip. The mechanical is used for the daily driving and cruising.

303 Mopar

Plus, when the electric pump fails you have the mechanical to get you home....

Chryco Psycho