Main Menu

school me on 1970 Barracuda non ECS fuel system.

Started by kmiller, February 25, 2021, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kmiller

Okay I admit I'm little confused on this system.  I got the car completely torn apart and i have no reference on what is correct or not .

This is what I have:  the tank with the one nipple, have the complete fuel vent line kit that is on the passenger side in the trunk , and preformed fuel line that runs from the tank to the pump.

question's: - No return line? just a single line from tank to  pump? And the vent lines, one goes to the tank and the other just vents in the frame rail???

thanks a million for any help

anlauto

The only engines that use a return line on a 1970 Cuda are 440-4, 440+6, and Hemi. All others had one main fuel line front to back that's it. Your one nipple goes in the trunk, up the wheel well, then back out to dump in the frame rail....that's it. It sounds like you have everything you need. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SRT392

ok, here you go.  this is a few pics i didn't loose of my disassembly.  hope this helps..  this from 70  BS23 340 Cuda

B5fourspeed

anlauto

That's not a 70 gas tank in your car, it's been swapped out at one time  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kmiller

SRT392

Alan,  if you are referring to my pics and the tank that came out of my cuda then i'm not surprised as i have found many things off of other cars..  its getting a new one anyways..

anlauto

SRT392

Thanks it's good to know. I'll get pics up today. Got mine back from dipper yesterday 

floorit426

That could be a 1970 tank, from a California car. That's what mine came with, originally.

anlauto

Quote from: floorit426 on February 26, 2021, 09:58:45 AM
That could be a 1970 tank, from a California car. That's what mine came with, originally.

YES, it could be, just NOT that 1970 car... :brainiac: :rofl: