Main Menu

Seeking a 3:23 to bring my car to original...

Started by 7E-Bodies, December 04, 2019, 07:25:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

The only part of my 70 RT project that isn't original (440 auto), is the differential. It currently has a 3:91 SG and I don't care to be taching 3000+ while on a country road cruise.  I've been told the 3:91 is a non rebuildable? (741 code?) The car has two build sheets that call out the 3:23. Admittedly, this isn't my area of expertise, so all help appreciated. I'll take pics if needed.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JS29

I believe you need a 489 case. I my have one, but it will have to wait till spring. I could maybe make a swap with you. Let me know if that works for you.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@JS29 that may be ideal. No hurry. The car isn't ready for assembly yet and the 440 is in a notoriously slow machine shop. Let's talk.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JS29

scf100

I think thats what I just pulled out of my 73 Cuda........

what numbers would ID it as a 3.23?

It should be the orig from car......1973 Cuda 340, auto a/c car......anyone?

I'm in Georgia be glad to ship
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Rich G.

There's no numbers on the case to indicate gear ratio. It will be on the ring gear.

76orangewagon

As stated above there are no numbers on the case but a 3.23 gear ratio is identified by 3 black paint daubs on the bottom of the housing, if it's also a sure grip there would also be an orange paint mark like on the picture I attached.

Rdchallenger

Also, your build sheet should have it as well. That is if you have the build sheet.

scf100

my build sheet on my 73 Cuda calls out a 3.23 gear open....

let me know if your interested and I will get you a price shipped from Ga.......

it came out of a 82,000 org mile car so its in great shape
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black