Main Menu

Seeking Feedback on Accurate Exhaust Quality vs Price

Started by 7E-Bodies, March 31, 2022, 12:47:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Looking seriously at Accurate Exhaust for my 70 440 RT. Needing some feedback pro vs con on quality, fit, performance, OEM comparison, customer service, etc...right around $2k so I want to be certain of the value.

https://www.accurateltd.com/70-74-383440-Big-Block-Complete-Exhaust-System_p_147.html
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Dakota

I am a happy customer of Accurate Exhaust.  For whatever reason, my car had resonators but no mufflers when I bought it (OK, I think maybe I can guess the reason).   I bought 2 of Accurate's mufflers, their "over the axle" pipes along with their hangars.   The fit was excellent on the exhaust. I don't remember the gauge of their piping, but it was all good stuff.   I'm sure there are lower cost alternatives, but this will be one of those "you get what you pay for" deals:  a premium product for a bit of a premium price.

After the sale, I had multiple questions for them around an interference issue between the exhaust piping and the OE rear sway bar that I have.   I had them on the phone several times and they sent me a bunch of pictures to try and help me resolve the issue.... always answered the phone, and always pleasant.    Full disclosure:   I still haven't resolved the interference issue, so the sway bar is sitting in a box waiting for warmer weather here.  I think I had the brackets too low (no dimples visible on my frame rails). 

Rich G.

I have Accurate Exhaust on 3 E bodies and no problems at all. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

anlauto

Just got off the phone with Colby, customer service is second to none ! :perfect10: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

I have accurate exhaust and installed it myself.  Fit was great.  However, one of my resonators broke apart.  Where the solid pipe meets the body of the resonator, the welds broke.  And once I cut it open I saw that the solid pipe where it meets the perforated pipe was never welded at all. 
The exhaust had only about 1,000 miles on it but since I purchased the system many years earlier, they did not honor any kind of warranty replacement which I was not happy about.

That's the price you sometimes pay for collecting parts over the course of several years and don't install them right away.  Hard to return stuff.

I have since replaced them both with their Magnum resonators which are stainless steel but I don't really care for them.  They have a little bit of a drone sound at times.  Mostly its just at idle but it's not something I can't live with. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.