Main Menu

Shooting the breeze. What’s the 1/4 mile time of a 340 challenger?

Started by kawahonda, July 20, 2018, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Carb is pretty darn clean...it's been rebuilt.

I haven't verified that the bowls are empty after an hour or so of sitting, but it sure sounds like it when it needs to be turned over 3-4 times. Acting like no fuel is in the bowl.

Initial is dialed in at 15. I may consider more initial with colder plugs, but with the current Champion 12 plugs that I have now, 15 is the limit.

The only thing I can think of is this *may* have something to do that my cross-overs are not blocked. I don't really think that has anything to do with it, because blocked off cross-overs the engine will still come up to engine temp, just takes longer.

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Chryco Psycho

Blocking the crossover has always been worthwhile in my experience , exhaust heat is higher than coolant temp

shadango

Just for comparison sake ---

My Barracuda with a frankenstein non original powertrain ran 15.4 two times in a row at Nats last year.

I wasnt all that pleased until I started reading that that is what the 340s used to do stock in the ebodies.

My engine is a 318 with J heads, a purple cam (unknown specs), Dougs headers, edelbrock performer intake and 4 BBL carb (1405  600cfm), 727 automatic with a 2400 stall in it, 3.55 tru-track rear end.

The car doesnt do great burnouts or pull all that hard off the line but once it hits 3k and above she pulls hard.....

Ive toyed with the idea of 3.90s and a overdrive ...then I start thinking 408 stroker...LOL

Oh if money was no object.