Main Menu

Shifter removal

Started by nsmall, April 16, 2017, 10:03:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I'm hiring someone to drop the Driveline out the bottom of the car.

I'm trying to do everything that I possibly can though.

Can I disconnect the shifter, and remove everything seen in the pictures below prior to dropping the transmission or is this something I should just leave in and let my guy do?

Thanks

Cuda Cody

I would take lots of photos of everything.  Then remove what you feel comfortable and label it perfectly.  You can put the photo number on the tag / bag too.  That way you can look at the photos when you need to put it back and know exactly what bag of fasteners to use.  The more you can do (take you time and do right) the less likely someone is going to hurry and take it all part and leave you with a coffee can of fasteners. 

nsmall

Thanks Cody. I am taking tons of photos and being very meticulous about every single item I remove by labeling and organizing as I go...it is very time consuming.

I'm starting to get to the point of where I am uncomfortable removing items so I think it's time to turn the car over to someone I know who's an expert on Mopars.

I'm just trying to go as far as I can go to save myself money and install all these items when the car's painted.

As always... Thanks

Jay Bee

Here's some Service Manual pictures

This is a '70 set-up. Your 73 won't have all stuff connecting to the steering column.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 16, 2017, 11:02:09 PM
I would take lots of photos of everything.  Then remove what you feel comfortable and label it perfectly.  You can put the photo number on the tag / bag too.  That way you can look at the photos when you need to put it back and know exactly what bag of fasteners to use. 

:iagree:

Learn by doing and reading, each at their own pace/comfort.  :alan2cents:

Burdar

Under the car...There is one clip that holds the lower rod to the torque shaft assembly.  Pull that pin and disconnect the lower rod from the torque shaft.  Once that is disconnected, everything inside the car will lift right out.