Main Menu

Shorty headers

Started by redgum78, January 17, 2020, 05:45:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

redgum78

Can anyone confirm what shorty headers will fit my 70 Challenger RT?

Stock 440, stock power steering box, mini starter.

Cheers

Dan

Scooter

Reading around on the same topic for my 360cid. TTI seems to be the way to go. The Hookers on mine just hang too low... I'll be looking to get some ground clearance back next summer.

redgum78

Quote from: Scooter on January 18, 2020, 02:02:05 PM
Reading around on the same topic for my 360cid. TTI seems to be the way to go. The Hookers on mine just hang too low... I'll be looking to get some ground clearance back next summer.

Thanks Scooter, I'll check out the TTI's. I actually have a set of stainless shorty headers (not sure of brand). LH side hits the steering box and RH side hits the shock tower. I could probably modify them and force a fit but I would have to go full Steve Dulcich on them!

I also have a Charger with a 400 in it. I think the shorty headers I have should fit on it so I don't want to butcher them for the Challenger if I can find a better fitting set for it and then use the current ones on the Charger.

I feel the same about full length, I live in the bush, we have a lot badly made roads so ground clearance is important.

Scooter

^^^ Not rual here.. just outside San Francisco. Some of the roads here still feel like I should be dropping into 4-low... lol.